Monday, December 22, 2008

Pass the 40 cuz my mother's not lookin

I know most of the people reading this blog have never tasted a St Ides (myself included), but their marketing campaign in the mid 90s was pretty unique. They basically rounded up some of the era's best emcees and had em cut short songs about St Ides. It's pretty amazing that St Ides managed to get such a sick lineup for their campaign. I was gonna make a joke about the rappers being paid in beer, but every artist is a "classic" hip hop artist and probably got a legit paycheck. Special Ed probably would have done it for a plastic bag full of 22ozs, but hindsight is 20/20.
If you ever wondered what the song was in the intro of Spot Rusherz, it's the Wu Tang St Ides spot:



I heard most of these a while back on some forums, but the Smoking Section posted this compilation and I saw a great opportunity to jack their link and share this with yall.

St Ides Commercials:

1. Snoop Doggy Dogg & Nate Dogg
2. Warren G.
3. Nate Dogg
4. MC Eiht
5. Scarface
6. Wu-Tang Clan
7. Snoop Doggy Dogg
8. Ice Cube
9. Ice Cube & The Geto Boys
10. Jay-Z
11. The Notorious B.I.G.
12. 2Pac & Snoop Doggy Dogg
13. Rakim
14. Cypress Hill
15. 2Pac

Next up - The Milwaukee's Best Compilation, featuring Joe Buddens, Eric Sermon, RBX and Fredro Starr

No comments: